When people gather together, have you noticed how everyone always ends up in the kitchen? That’s because the kitchen is the heart of your home. When you protect your kitchen appliances, you’re making sure that heart keeps beating, not just on special occasions, but every day of the year.
Assurant extended protection plans cover just about every major appliance in your kitchen, including refrigerators and freezers, stoves and ovens, washers and dryers. We even have plans that cover microwaves and certain coffee makers. (Hey, coffee matters a lot to some people.) When you protect your appliances, you’re covered for years beyond the manufacturer’s warranty, based on the terms and conditions of your policy. And here’s some good news. If your fridge or freezer quits chilling, and your policy has food loss coverage we’re willing to reimburse you toward the food you lost.
If you need to make a claim, it’s easy to get help. Scheduling service is quick and easy – you’ll have access to our nationwide network of trusted service providers, certified to repair virtually any brand and appliance type. We’ll help you get your appliances back up and running as quickly as possible, and keep you posted on our progress.
Here’s a few simple things you can do to take care of your appliances:
- Keep the condenser coils of your refrigerator clean by periodically cleaning them with a vacuum.
- Clean old food out of your fridge at least once a week.
- Clean gaskets and seals with a baking soda and water solution.
- Keep your microwave clean by covering your food with a paper towel before heating.
- Don’t forget about the self-clean option on your stove. But when you run it, do it on a cool day and make sure to ventilate.
- Never put your hand or an object into the garbage disposal. Use lemon halves to refresh your drain.